Due to our continuing success we are looking for additional Home Care Support Workers to support our network of service users with dementia, mental and physical disabilities and illnesses. You will be required to provide this care within service users own homes, residential care homes or surrounding community.
Your skills, knowledge and genuine want to care for people will ensure that you deliver high quality care at all times. You will work with service users, their families and support network, supporting them in the decisions they make about how they live their lives, and ensuring that personal needs and care are met.
In turn you will be supported in your own development through good training opportunities, including clinical training in areas such as dementia and palliative care. We want you to be equipped with the skills to not only deliver high quality services, but to be able to progress in your career in care.
Successful candidates must have a caring, friendly and compassionate nature and be willing to be flexible, days or night shifts available.
- Assisting and supporting individuals in their own homes with day to day personal/practical personal care tasks according to individual needs, which may include assisting with personal hygiene, dressing, bathing, shaving and meal preparation.
- Assisting with assisting with eating and drinking plus moving and handling will also form an integral part of your duties.
- Providing Social Companionship by assisting and supporting individuals to access and accompany them in identified community based activities e.g. leisure, pastimes or day centre based activities, in line with individual care and support plans.
- To assist with general domestic, household and personal chores including assistance with financial transactions in accordance with the Department’s policies and procedures under the direction and supervision of line management.
Skills & Experience
Experience is preferred but not essential, you will however need a genuine caring nature and the commitment to support and assist people maintain their independence. You will have some experience of working with elderly people and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You must be able to carry out instructions, maintain confidentiality and accurately record basic physical observations competently.
Successful applicants must have good literacy and numeracy skills and possess an NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care or at least have the desire or dedication to work towards this.
You could earn up to: £8.55 ph (Days) | £9.35 ph (Nights) | £11.30 ph (Sundays) | £17.25 ph (Bank holidays) as a Support Worker depending on your qualifications, experience and shift pattern.
We like to think that our greatest benefit is the friendly, efficient and personal service we offer each of our agency employees, closely followed by the understanding of how important it is to have a work and home life balance, sourcing you work for the number of hours you need.
- Top market rates rates of pay
- Fast and efficient registration
- Flexible hours and shift patterns
- PAYE Weekly payroll + Ltd & Umbrella options
- Pay advices with detail every shift
- Discounted Mandatory Training
- On-going training and personal development
- Optional stakeholder group pension scheme
- Your own online Care Online account, to fully manage your account 24/7