|Division||General Nursing – Medical & Surgical|
|Placement||Agency – Days & Nights available|
|Salary scale||£17 – £34 ph|
- Assesses patients, plans and implements care
- Provides advice and maintains associated records
- Carries out nursing procedures
- May provide clinical supervision and managerial leadership to other staff, students
- Works within codes of practice and professional guidelines.
Patients in a hospital setting
Registered on the appropriate part of the NMC register for the assignment RN (Adult) / RN1/ RN2
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate programmes of care
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate within the interdisciplinary team and across disciplines and agencies
- Effective communication skills (written, non-verbal & verbal)
- Able to function effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, uses own initiative and will make decisions
- Able to prioritise workload (self and others), allocate work and meet deadlines
- Able to supervise and train junior staff
- Time management and effective delegation skills
- Prepared to learn (with sufficient teaching and support) basic assessment skills relevant to the speciality of the work area.
- Works well in stressful situations and able to respond effectively to challenging situations
- Maintains clear and accurate records of assessments made, nursing care and treatment delivered and how effective these have been
- Competent and effective clinical nursing skills including;
- Able to record an ECG
- Able to demonstrate safe use of patient equipment including infusion devices
- Competent in basic life support
- Effective wound care
- Ensure all patients and relatives are treated with respect and dignity at all times
Knowledge & Understanding
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for nursing care
- Understand the principles of confidentiality and how to handle information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Knows when information given them in confidence must be shared with their manager or members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Awareness and knowledge of current issues, protocols and policies in relation to protection of vulnerable adults and children
- Sensitive and responsive to the race, culture, religion, age, disability, gender and sexuality of the person receiving care, their relatives and representatives
- Ensures that own actions support equality, diversity, rights and maintain quality
- Understands and follows the Agency’s and Authority’s policies for reporting concerns, responding incidents, seeking guidance and complaints handling.
- Complies at all times with Health and Safety regulations and takes responsibility for health and safety of self and others at all times.
- Works according to the NMC Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives.
- Able to recognise and work within the limits of own competence and deliver care based on best available evidence or best practice
We like to think that our greatest benefit is the friendly, efficient and personal service we offer each of our agency employees, closely followed by the understanding of how important it is to have a work and home life balance, sourcing you work for the number of hours you need.
- Top market rates rates of pay
- Fast and efficient registration
- Flexible hours and shift patterns
- PAYE Weekly payroll + Ltd & Umbrella options
- Pay advices with detail every shift
- Discounted Mandatory Training
- On-going training and personal development
- Optional stakeholder group pension scheme
- Your own online Care Online account, to fully manage your account 24/7